Sunday, January 20, 2008

Gyu-KaKu Restaurant








Oops, sorry I haven't been posting lately. After coming back from my long vacation I been spending more time catching up my sleep. This Friday I went to try at Gyu-KaKu Japanese BBQ Restaurant (http://www.gyu-kaku.com/stores/huntingtonbeach.html). I been wanting to go there forever!!!
The restaurant is very well design, everything is either in black or white. The restaurant seems very trandy. Nothing only they got Japanese server they even hire white people who can speak Japanese really well too!
Since it was my first time eating at Gyu-KaKu @ USA the server started to explain to me the menu, the sauces, the proper way of cooking Japanese BBQ. It was fun~ I ordered the Matsuri Combo which has a little of everything for first timer to try everything out. The server brought all our food out, man it wasn't much but we were full at the end of the meal. We got really full at the end cuz the server serves us three kinds of rice, Suikiyaki Bibimba, White rice, and Brown rice.
Tommy was saying that all the food on the table doesn't even cost $20 dollars at the market. We are paying $40 dollars to sit here and enjoy the darkness. Yup, it's extremely dark inside the restaurant. We can't even tell if our meat is under cooked or over cooked. I got a mini flashlight on my keychain, we were using it to see if our meat is ready to eat or not. What we ate were chicken, shrimps, veg, and beef. The chicken wasn't good good, too dry. Shrimps was pretty good with the sauces they offer. Veg was pretty good too. I guess I like the beef the most~ So tender and soft!!! Over all, the meal was great. Our server told us that with the onion we can make it into a volcano which will cook faster, but he even seen adults build it all the way. So, Tommy tried and out and.... see our amazing pic.
Our server was JOD, friendly nice server. He even gave up 10% off coupon that we can use in the future. Jod even told us that we should come back Sunday for there Happy hour deals... Excellent beef which we only need to pay half price! Yup, we are going again tonight!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JOD! What kind of name is that???