Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ngu Binh Restaurant



Bun bo Hue #2
Bun bo Hue #2

My intern took me here for lunch today. From yelp it has over 60 reviews which made me totally wanna try here!As we enter the restaurant the lady didn’t speak a word of ENGLISH. The menu are under the glass panel on the table…everything was in Vietnamese, not a single word of English… HORROR Thank god my intern. understand Vietnamese. She was able to order food for us.

Well, I ordered Bun bo Hue (#2 on the menus) Bun bo Hue is the spicy pork soup which was super good! The soup is loaded with beef, coagulated pig's blood, pig's feet pork cakes, and topped with onions, cilantro, and scallions. On the side they also gave me a plate of bean sprouts, lettuce, herbs, banana flower/blossom, and a couple wedges of lime.

Anyway, on with the Banh Beo and Banh Nam #11 & 13...it was quite delicious! Fresh, soft, warm, just steamed to perfection; the texture is fluffy, not too hard nor too soft to where it breaks apart; the dried shrimp pieces on top of the Banh Beo added a chewy texture which complimented the steamed cake, and once it gets dipped into the non-fishy fish sauce~

The portions are so big I couldn’t even finish half and I am super full. This place is really cheap and tasty.


Ngu Binh Restaurant

14072 Magnolia St

Westminster, CA





No comments: