Sunday, February 7, 2010

Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)

LACMA
2-8 M/T/Th • Closed Wednesday • 12-9 F • 11-8 S/S
5905 Wilshire Blvd • Los Angeles California 90036
323-857-6000


I heard about this museum of art but never been inside. Thanks for Bank of America I am able to visit this cool museum for free first Sat/Sun of every month for 2010. I guess if you come in after 5pm the museum is free anyways~ Well, I couldn’t take a lot of photos cuz 1. Some section doesn’t allow photos 2. 80% of 3rd & 4th floors are under construction. I guess since it’s free I shouldn’t complain about it right? ^_^~

In the 2nd floor I saw whole section of Pablo Picasso’s work. I am sure everyone knows who Pablo Picasso. If not, here is a link about this famous artist! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Picasso

I am glad I don’t need to fly to Spain to see Picasso’s painting! I am glad I came here today~~~ I guess the second floor is the where they display the modern art. Some of the art works makes me feel that… I can do it too! Mmn… maybe I should have majored in Art instead of Urban Regional Planning. Oh, there are tons of security guards around the 2nd floor. One lady security guard seems to like me to death, she follows me everywhere I go. (I had camera on my neck, and no photos on the 2nd floor)

3rd floor are European Art, painting like I see in my Art History textbook. Most drawings are GOD. Jesus, or something related to Churches. To me it’s not really interesting… I had to memorized too many of them during Art History classes.

4thfloor is where they display special exhibition works, again no photos. On the 4th floor they also display some Asian work of art! Most of the artworks are from South Asia; Elephant God, God with 1,000 hands, God with 4 heads, etc… I am amazed on how much art pieces they took from Thailand… Hopefully Thailand still have some antique artwork at their own country now!

Cool museum but if I really have to pay for it to get it…I’ll think about it~

so many light poles display in front of the museum.

I love it! It's so cool! I think I can submit the photo on the right to AT&T for the bar commercial!!



Artworks from the 2nd and 3rd flood! Can you believe that a chair and a lamp next to it is an artwork too! I can do that too!

I think the 4th floor is the best... I recalled my trip back to Thailand when I was 5. hahaha Time flyes~

No comments: