Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Best Speaker @ Toastmaster

As you all know I HATE toastmaster! Yes, I been going to toastmaster speech class for the last few months. I hate talking in front of everyone, cuz I am very shy and my face would turned as red as an apple. Well, today I had to do my speech #1 at Toastmaster. I hate it!!! For the past two nights I had nightmares!!! Monday night all the sudden I thought it’s already Wednesday and still I go no speech written down. It was most horrible feeling in the world! I was awake but just didn’t wanna get up and face the world. I was all thinking mmn…what can I do to make myself really sick during middle of the night.

Well, things went pretty well at Toastmaster today. Everyone was laughing when I did my speech. My topic today was Culture Shock coming to USA. When I was practicing my speech, with my SLOW speed it was only 2:45 mins. but somehow during the speech I made it to 5:16m mins. I guess the key thing is that if you make the audience laugh, you can kill some times! Today we had two speaker, Donald Herra and I. Donald was the guy who gave me the Turtle toy!!! Donald’s speech was good but he went over with his mins. so this disqualified him from getting the ribbon. Since I did my speech within the time limits I get a ribbon for BEST SPEAKER!!! Yup, BEST SPEAKER!

So excited about my ribbon. I went to tell all my friends at OCTA already! Here is a pic of me and my ribbon! Thanks to Isabel, she helped me out with my speech!

3 comments:

Tommy said...

You're the Best speaker in the World!

Happy Angel said...

no way.. if I am the best speaker I don't need to attend Toastmaster! PS... I still hate that class to DEATH!

Happy Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.