Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chong King Chinese Restaurant

I don’t know what to say about this restaurant… I heard a lot of good reviews about it but after I tried it myself I thinking I don't really wanna come here in the future. The food wasn’t good good. With that price I think Nice Time Deli or Chief Chen (next door) is 100% better. Chong King Chinese Restaurant is new to the Jeffrey Plaza. I heard from others that this place is really spicy and tasty! Every time I am at this plaza this restaurant is packed with people inside & out. Since its just Hong and I here for a light dinner we only order 3 appetizers and 1 entrée. The appetizers are all looks red and spicy but it’s not spicy at all. As for the entree, pork stir fry with bamboo it’s not good at all. The bamboo has a smell and sour taste to it. Oh, but I heard their spicy lamb soup is good…maybe I will go there and try if any of my friends wanna try it with me.
Grand Opening!
Interior looks like typical cheap Chinese food restaurant.
3 Appetizers... Looks spicy but it's not at all. The only good one is the spicy pig ear in the middle. Others so so.
Pork Stir Fry with Bamboo. The Bamboo taste weird... Didn't like it that much~

No comments: