Monday, July 20, 2009

Siam Taste of Asia

I found out about this place from yelp.com and other’s website. It’s my first time been to this place, and I thought it wasn’t too bad. But I am not a big fan for Thai food. Just like what everyone says this restaurant is located very very ghetto of Santa Ana. Very tiny little Thai restaurant in the middle of Mexican area. Well, bad day for us to come cuz their A/C was out!!! I ordered Thai Ice…crap I didn’t know there is no refills…I was done with my drink way before my meal was serve. Ended up asking for ICE WATER!!!
Since I was still waiting for my friend who runs late all the time… we ordered their famous Fried Garlic Tofu.
Man, the tofu was BURNING hot when it came out. I was going to leave 5 pieces for my friend but we ended up eating it all..wahahaha It was very crispy outside and soft juicy tofu inside and the dipping sauce is delicious too! I have to say it’s better than the fried tofu at Chinese restaurant! Definitely a must have coming here.
Grilled Beef Salad… mmn everyone said it’s a must order item really??? Hong and I thought it’s just like Carne Asada without the tortilla. The beef is soft but no big WOW for us.
Pad Thai Chicken. I thought it was decent. But to Hong and Sunil, you can get better ones else where plus bigger plate.
We also ordered the Sea Bass with tamarind sauce. It was this tiny little fried fish that cost 10 bucks and have to pay 1 dollar for rice to go with it. Not worth it. I think McDonald’s Fillet o Fish is better! I didn’t like the Tamarind sauce too much thos, too heavy for me.

Few other things but forgot to take photos of it...
Overall we spend $45 on dinner
Coming back here...na I rather go some where else

Siam Taste of Asia
3520 W 1st St
Santa Ana, CA 92703
(714) 418-9678

No comments: