Saturday, March 28, 2009

Birthday BBQ Party


I had little get together with friends... BBQ and Hot Pot Party.
It was great!!! Pretty good turn out!!!
Thanks to Chef Lewis and Fafa, 2 Ph.D students cook for us. They were great!!! Well, a lot of burned food too~~~
I was very surprised to see PAUL HSU!!! I don't think I have seen him since 1998... He looks great now! Wowow Baby Jacob, I don't think I can call him Baby anymore. He is not even 2 yrs. old and he is half of my height!
Believe it or not I marinated my own BBQ sauce this time!!! Turned out pretty tasty! Tonight we BBQ 6lbs of Beef ribs, chicken wings, chicken breast, chicken hearts, chicken gizzard, shrimps, mushrooms, mushroom with slice pork, green beans, sweet potato, corn, fish balls, etc... We even had hot pot!!!! Everything taste sooooo good!


Paul, Jacob, and Sara with BEERS and food~

Chief Lewis drank all the Taiwan Beer while BBQ for us. Fafa only drank 7up and Pepsi~

Fishballs for BBQ... but take a look at the next photos.. see what happened to most of our fishballs

see..... Chef Fafa was all showing off the bruned fish balls...hahaha

BBQ Green Beans was very tasty!!! I like it! I had few pieces

Trying to sewer all the gizzards and hearts... tuff job to do!!!

Chicken hearts... great choice!!! I love it!!! I think everyone enjoy this dish!

Mushrooms with slice pork... this was very tasty dish! I like it.. but I only have one little piece.

Everyone works really hard to get all the food ready for today's BBQ...

Cute Jacob... man, cant believe he is not even 2 and he is half as tall as me.

8 comments:

Vicky said...

lol... I'm surprised that he didn't throw that remote control away! haha!

Vicky said...

btw, I wish I was there.. the food and cake look delicious!!! ummm... Happy early birthday, old lady!! Hah!

Lisa said...

happy early birthday!!! I wish I was there, haha, Jacob looks sooo cute, yea, I'm surprised you guys didn't tie the remote around his wrist, haha

Happy Angel said...

Thanks girls... Another yr. old.. sniff sniff~ Don't worry, when you two are back in town we'll have another BBQ. PS I am having another BBQ this Sunday!

Julia said...

so funny lol!
Thanks for the food and Jacob really had fun. I want the video file!!

Happy Angel said...

=) time to bring Kyra out!

Alice said...

Loving your blog and your cooking skill must have improved over the years. I envy that! Especially the korean bulgogi looks delicious. Your childhood pictures are so adorable. You were a cute kid, now you are an old lady haha.....I can't believe its been 20 years since I met you, and its been 4 years since I last saw you. We should get together soon! take care girl! love ya

Happy Angel said...

Hey Alice, The last time I saw you was 4 yrs. ago??? No way. We don't live so far away from each other thos!!! Talk about old... you are a little older than me.. ^_~ hehehe