Thursday, March 26, 2009

Korean Meal

Since I cooked pretty well last night, I decided to do more cooking tonight... Today I am cooking Korean food~ Of course, my meal came out very good and cheap again!!! I am very proud of myself now!!!!
Soybean sprout soup (Kongnamulguk)

cook this in soup will make soup base taste really good~~
Soybean sprout, onion, garlic, and fish... simple and tasty~

I learned how to cook this from a Korean Mom...
This soup truned out to be very easy and tasty~~~
A whole bag of Soybean sprout was like $.89 cents... I didn't even use 1/2 for my soup tonight!!!
wahahaha I can hear $$$ sign all over me now~

Rinse and drain a package of soybean sprouts (500 grams) a few times over.
Put the soybean sprouts into a pot and add 5½ cups of water.
Add 1½ ts salt, 1 ts soy sauce, & 2 cloves of minced garlic.
Slice half a medium sized onion and put it in the pot.
Add a handful of dried anchovies (about 7 large dried anchovies).
Close the lid and bring to a boil over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
Lower the heat and cook another 25 minutes.
Add 2 chopped green onions Put the soup in a bowl and sprinkle some sesame seed powder on top, just before serving.
Beef Short Ribs
The meat are super soft!!! So is the carrot!!! Carrot taste very sweet too!

Sauce that makes the meat taste really good!

I boiled the meat in hot water... that way I can get rid of most of the fat first~


In the olden days Korean would eat this meal during special holidays~~~
I wanna cook this meal cuz 99 Ranch Market was having a sale on the Beef Ribs~
I really love this dish... it turned out super good!!! The carrot and onion was sooo soft I was able to eat them... (I hate eating veggie, so when I say I can eat them it's very shocking!)
Lucky loves this dish so much too!!! He came to ask for second bowl. I run out of meat so feed him some carrot and onion, he ate them too!
Another success!!! Maybe I can open up my own homecooking restaurant!
Ingredients:2 lbs of beef short ribs, water, cooking wine, soy sauce black pepper, brown sugar, garlic, green onion, onion, sesame oil, carrots, mushrooms.
Soak short ribs in cold water in a large bowl for at least 30 minutes and change the water a few times.
Boil water in a large pot. Put in the short ribs. Boil for 5-10 minutes.
Take out the ribs from the boiling water and wash them with cold water to remove unnecessary fat or floating bubbles.
Throw away the boiling water and clean the pot.
Place the clean beef short ribs in the pot.
Prepare a bowl to make seasoned water by mixing 2 cups of water, 4 tbs soy sauce, 8 cloves of minced garlic), ½ sliced onion, 1 tbs rice wine, and 1 tbs brown sugar.Add it to the short ribs in the pot.
Boil it over medium heat for 20 minutes.
While it boils, you can prepare the other ingredients:
Open the lid of the pot and add all ingredients (carrot, & mushrooms) to the pot. Let it simmer for about 1 hour over low heat

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

可不可以告訴我們soup好不好喝 ???

Happy Angel said...

the soup is really really good!!! So clean taste~~~ I like it very much!

Anonymous said...

Angel,

is the soup and the meat dish...two different dishes? Looks very tasty~~yummy!

Happy Angel said...

Tommy.. the meat is really really good!!! Lucky loves it~ I'll let u taste it when you are back home~